Aug 12, 2011

Urgently Need Your Helps



I do go on holliday in Italy. While visiting city of Napoli, and against advice of locals and Polizia, I make an expedition to see the creature of Mons Vesuvius, from which smoke and steam come belching. This very impressive. The forces of Nature never cease to devastate.  But sadly, I fall down insides and come to rest with leg broken not much higher up than redhotted seething loofah.  Fortunately, have mobile phone with me, so can summon help also laptop in bacpack so can blog this terrible experience as you read here. Can not beleive when Polizia Provinciale say they tell me not to approach near creature and so can not send rescues helicopter unless I pay for hire, time, fuels and cetera. All many thousand euros. Can you believe that? Italy like third world state! So this why I need your urgent helps.  Already my mountain boots getting very hot.  All money and credit cards, debit card left in auberge where I am based during holiday.  Western Union is therefore best way for kind blogger friends to get money to me in this hellish place. Quick! Quick! Green fumes very choking. Not long I think before I expire of life. Helicopter standing by pending promise of payment. Please send what you can to account 342-45537-7866 at Western Union. Doubtfuls can check my sad story by now calling my mobe on 39 07772334541 or check truth of my visit by phoning hotel 39 06635 33222. Please get money quickly to this unhappy person. This not usual Nigerian scam. Please believe.

Idea for this plea come from Jinksy touring on tandem bike in UK

18 comments:

  1. I called Mobe, but got recorded voice apologising, for the network is very busy, can I call back later?
    Then I called the Hotel, and got a recorded voice telling me to call back at the end of summer, as they are booked to capacity and are too busy cooking spaghetti and washing sheets to come to the phone in person. I fear this may bode ill for your ongoing survival...

    Doc, You get the Jinksy Gold Star of the week for the most Lunatic Fringe Reply, never mind the Edinborough one, which has featured in the news recently!!! *smiles*

    (Word verification was "preck" - can Blogger not spell?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Footsie, you have surpassed yourself: I nearly had an unfortunate accident laughing at your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viv . . was me had unfortunated acident? Where money?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bit strapped for cash but I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to send a few thousand but now that I think of it, I'll just let you expire. See, if I sent it and then you snuffed it, somebody else would get it. I don't want that. Sorry. Hope you won't have to stand the heat too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! I work for social causes now, can hardly afford to dole out my extra cash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serve you right, Doctor . . trampling about on other peoples' volcanoes.
    Moderately funny write, all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doc - Ada knows all about volcanoes. I can vouch for that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. N.B.
    She can rival the best of them, when she chooses to erupt...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read the good Doctor's comments on the responses to Jinksy's prompt, and also the comments here. I strongly suspect that "volcanoes" are somehow the butt of a private joke. If that's the case, I think we should be told who's "in" on it and the joke duly shared. Or Ada and Caddoc should give us a poetic post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's happening again! I labour to amuse you guys and the comments column turns into a free-for-all better suited to that "Fridge Soup" blog.
    (Link in left sidebar)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you really Nigerian and just trying to trick us?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I thought it was very funny! Talking of lunatic fringe, I watched one of your favourite films last night for the first time- can’t think why it’s taken me 36 years to get round to it. I thought it was brilliant. You know which one I mean of course;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh poor soul. If I like your post on FB, would that help? Or tweet out your plight to tens of peoples? God bless & good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect metaphor, and who will be next after the Italians?

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you want to live to be 350, holidaying down a volcano seems an odd way to go about it.

    Would help, but I'm clean out of cash.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not usual Nigerian scam? Of course not - it's funnier! Thanks for the giggles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. To make life easier for you I have turned off the new indecipherable and time-wasting verification words. Would you care to "feedback" to Blogger and complain about them, like I did?