Sep 10, 2011

Hup Two Three.

Beethoven's dog Allegro
was nimble on its feet.
To see it dance the polka
was something of a treat.

When people said, "Hey, Ludwig -
that's clever." - Go on, guess!
The dog replied "You'll need to shout.
The old man's bloody deaf!"

(What's all this about?  It's Laurie Kolp at 'Imaginary Garden With Real Toads' wanting bloggers to write a poem in ONE MINUTE, with EIGHT LINES and containing the word ALLEGRO. Which means you need to think piu mosso then hit the keyboard running.)

10 comments:

  1. Love this... so sorry I stressed you out, but you created a classic nonetheless.

    ~laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was brilliant! What a wonderful piece in such a short space of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a jaunty response to the word - I loved the musical reference, but who would have thought of Beethoven's dog? Just classic!

    Thank you for sharing your work on Real Toads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful - whoever knew about Beethoven's dog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What else but a classic with a classical theme would we expect from one who has been a classical master for many a moon? Even if he is a bit of a goon... on the quiet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic bit of doggerel, and I mean that with respect.

    Your shrink told me he moved your appointment up to Tuesday. He said something about an emergency intervention because of talking dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing. That is true. I think this is astonishing for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I missed this! And now that I've finally read it all I can say is, *groan* and heeheehee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. To make life easier for you I have turned off the new indecipherable and time-wasting verification words. Would you care to "feedback" to Blogger and complain about them, like I did?