Jul 25, 2011

"Temptation"

The theme for POETRY JAM this week,  hosted by Mark, Bagman and Butler is "Temptation(*)"

3 Faces of Temptation.




The Lord of the Manor, Sir Cutler
was tempted to ravage his butler,
when up spoke his cook -
"If you take a good look
I'm tempted to think I'd be subtler."






Our mentor's Une Grande Dame called Napple
who tempts her blogpals with an apple.
When dressed up as Eve
she grants no reprieve -
"Come to me, Young Man, and let's grapple!"


I'm tempted to write no more verses
till you guys unbutton your purses.
'Cos one things for sure -
Old FTSE's so poor
he cannot afford high-class nurses


(*) "I can resist anything except temptation" (Oscar Wilde)
(**) La Grande Dame has graciously given permission for this scurrilous attack on her virtue to be blogposted. Those who know her will be aware that she has a sense of humour the size of Mount Everest.

8 comments:

  1. Any picture with red suspenders is a winner in my book.Thanks, Doctor, for such a Monday morning thrill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even including the lovely surprise excursion to the Napple blog (I am pretty new to the blogosphere), this was time very well spent! Lovely, cute and clever (and all those other things one is supposed to say when one likes someone's poetry). Made me smile and that's the most important thing in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinks:- in view of the red suspenders, and the prompt, could nurse be mistaken for a jam tart?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant stuff - first definitely my favourite!

    Anna :o]

    http://puzzelicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are a funny man - love the Napple reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JInksy . . that comment proves you're almost as funny as I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wotcher mean, Doc? ALMOST? Neck and neck, or nothing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. To make life easier for you I have turned off the new indecipherable and time-wasting verification words. Would you care to "feedback" to Blogger and complain about them, like I did?