Feb 24, 2012

Friday Flash Fiction 24th. February

Friday keeps on coming around, and with it comes G-Man's picture  - and a stingy allowance of 55 words.   (The Mad Axeman, far right, plays no part in the story)


Philosophy Rules, O.K?

"He's not lookin' good, guys."
"I'm thinkin' the same myself."
"Philosophically speakin', what's wrong with the old gasbag?"
Socrates, gasping his last.  "What's wrong, you gormless half-wits is, I asked for dandelion and burdock. Brown. Fizzy. You gave me hemlock.  Plaudite amici! Comedia finita est."
"In Greek, you old fart! You think we're educated or sumfink?"

.

14 comments:

  1. Maybe they taste similar? I'm not going to try hemlock to find out though.

    My 55 are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No mention of Dionysus? My favorite? Dandelion wine I've heard is good. Enjoyed your take on Mr. K's picture, and thanks for turning off that onerous verification. I'll try once and then I'm out of there. Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dandelion wine is good...

    but hemlock might have a few side effects...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! no wine I'll stick with chamomile ! Good job!

      Delete
  4. Doc....
    You DO know don't you that you are NOT obligated to use my pic?
    You do such a great job that I've said nothing, but you are free to think along any lines you choose.
    Excellent 55 My Friend
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah hahaha. Great take on G-man's illus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a killer sense of humor Doc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone played the ole switcheroo on poor Socrates! Dang, hope that last swallow wasn't too bitter. Fun while it lasted though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So that's how it happened! Clever proteges, to make it look like he drank it on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahaha!

    Oh...come on......tell us what the Mad Axe Man did next............

    ;)

    Your wit is ever so sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, shoulda fixed that tea himself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. To make life easier for you I have turned off the new indecipherable and time-wasting verification words. Would you care to "feedback" to Blogger and complain about them, like I did?