Apr 29, 2014

Mag 217

A picture from Tess of a disconsolate black labrador should get all born writers salivating . . .

It's A Dog's Life . . .





"You wonder why I have this hang-dog look? Why I never go 'Woof Heh Heh Heh' and whizz around in circles any more? Well I'll tell you.  These days he only stops tapping away at his wretched Apple Mac to take his bloody mobile phone for walkies. And I'll tell you something else. If he did take me out and throw it and say 'Fetch' - I wouldn't. I would not.  I'd drop it in a puddle.  Or give it a good chewing. Bloody phone addicts . . . so busy down loading apps and ringtones or whatever they don't notice they're stepping in poo. Serve them right.  Grrrr!"



More responses to this week's prompt HERE.

(See the comments on Tess's Mag blog - link as above - for source of the picture.)
.


15 comments:

  1. What a fantastic 'dog's eye view'. ( With Doc FTSE overtones, of course. I can almost hear you growl, never mind the woofer !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't be long, one of these days dogs will have their own cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a gift for getting to the heart of things through humor. Turning the sad and ridiculous into a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I do it through humour, Yvonne. That's because "mountains divide us and a waste of seas." But thanks for the appreciation

      Delete
  4. I'm convinced. This neglected dog has won me over.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm usually down on dog shit owners who don't clean up their mess, like a ton of bricks, but just this once I'm siding with the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it looks like I can add a footnote here.
    My dogs are barking.

    Do you have any helpful suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no! You've joined the ranks of the Your comment will be visible after approval school of motoring. Whatever next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moderation required only on posts more than 14 days old. This allegedly reduces "spam" comments.
      Sorry you were inconvenienced.

      Delete
  8. Will have a go at the story or poem later but Doctor FTSE answer this:
    Are you a GP in medicine or a Phd ? And do you doctor the FTSE 100 - it sometimes needs it! I call them 'Shocks and Stares'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, your first line had me thinking he was going to say, "Well, you wonder why I'm always wearin' black ... Why you never see bright colors on mah back ... And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone? Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on ..."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. To make life easier for you I have turned off the new indecipherable and time-wasting verification words. Would you care to "feedback" to Blogger and complain about them, like I did?