Nov 23, 2019

What's This? What 's This?

'Stop! . . . This is getting Very Silly' has been elected to the pantheon of Glasgow's Top 40 Blogs!  I was not aware that this was about to happen and know nothing of the process whereby it came about. It may well be an example of Someone Moving in a Mysterious Way His Wonders to Perform. It certainly is WONDERFUL!  You can see the other 39 blogs that have been awarded the accolade HERE.  The other 39 blogs all have thousands of facebook, twitter and instagram followers.  What on earth do all those people do all day?  Do they sit scrolling their screens or walk about banging into other people scrolling their screens?  It's a wonder our streets aren't littered with fallen followers who whacked into some other screen-scrolling follower a bit too hard.  Maybe I should join in - abandon my firm conviction that Social Media is an almost unmitigated Social Evil, a Waster of Time, a Destroyer of Young Lives and Attention Spans, a Planetary Polluter, a Prime Cause of Overweight and Carbon Dioxide and is in a fair way to becoming Death the Destroyer of Worlds.  And don't say I didn't warn you.
But what do I know?  I'm just a sad old git who doesn't understand the modern world.
Comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. To make life easier for you I have turned off the new indecipherable and time-wasting verification words. Would you care to "feedback" to Blogger and complain about them, like I did?